Saturday, April 27, 2013

The International Early Childhood Field and its Importance



Week # 8 Blog Assignment: The International Early Childhood Field and its Importance
First I must sincerely thank Dr. Terry Davis and all my colleagues for all that I have learned from this course, Issues and Trends in the Early Childhood Field. I hope to continue to grow and develop as an early childhood professional and as a Masters student.

As I engage in the reflective process with regard to learning about issues and trends in the early childhood field internationally, there are three consequences that I wish to share with my fellow colleagues.
The first consequence is the fact that I must continue to promote education for all students all over the world. Every child, every family needs to know that the way to advance is via education –quality education. Thus everyone involved in the early childhood education process must seek to collaborate and share best practices and ideas on how to help advance education for our children.

The second consequence revolves around how invaluable our role as early childhood professionals is to the development of a nation. As educators, I firmly believe that we hold in our hands the keys to help eradicate poverty and to provide the foundation for sustainable growth and development. That is why we need to advocate for a stronger infrastructure that will promote equality and equity and affordability  for all children.

The third consequence relates to the idea that we cannot view the education of our children in terms of how much monetary gains we can receive from it, but we have to ensure that we are engaging our children in an educational process that will help them to think critically, that will fit them to live and work with others that are culturally diverse from themselves and in the long run help them to be future leaders of the world.

One goal that I have for the international early childhood field is the continued advocacy for the eradication of poverty. I believe that once poverty is eradicated, inequality will be lessened. This goal may seem to be far –fetched. However, we as educators can begin right where we are in the classrooms, in our communities, with our families to start changing the minds of the young, impressionable ones. We as educators are the agents of change on the international scene and as we learn about the issues and trends on the world scene, the knowledge that we receive is to be shared with others to ignite the hearts to continue the fight for the education of our children.
Once again, I wish all my colleagues success in the rest of the courses to come.Continue to advocate for the children who cannot speak for themselves at this time.





3 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon-

    I greatly appreciated reading about your three consequences. Your second identified consequence on how early childhood educators have a profound impact on the development of education world-wide is very inspiring to reflect upon. I believe sometimes people underestimate how much of a difference one person can truly be on the lives of others and I am glad to see that you have identified the impact you can have in the lives of young children. I wish you the best of luck in your continued advocacy for children around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca. Your comments and posts are always inspiring to me. I wish you all the best in your pursuit of this Masters degree and in your role as child advocate. Keep on working hard!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in the early childhood field we are truly making a difference in the lives of the children we are teaching. The more we learn and grow as teachers, the more we can educate and develop the children we are teaching. Change starts with one person and one person can make a difference. Thank you again for your wonderful thoughts throughout this course. I look forward to learning with you again soon in another class.

    ReplyDelete