Saturday, December 22, 2012

Quotes About Children




Blog Assignment
When I Think of Child Development
I have found the following quotes to be very profound as I think of Child Development:

Oscar Wilde said: “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.”

Rosaleen Dickson quotes: “Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.”

Marva Collins quotes: “Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another.”

George Santayana: “A child educated only at a school is an uneducated child.”

Richard L. Evans quotes: “Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them.”

John Fitzgerald Kennedy said: “Children are the world’s most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.”

Professional Thanks to Dr. Myers & My Colleagues:
I wish to thank Dr. Myers & all my colleagues from the bottom of my heart for all that I have learned from this course on Child Development.  When I embarked on this journey, I was so timid about the different observations that I had to do. However, with the guidance of Dr. Myers and the immersion in the research and relevant course readings coupled with the insightful discussions from my colleagues, I saw everything unfolding. I know that there is a lot more to learn as the days go by and I am submitting to this new knowledge with an enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Joanne Lynch:
 I am personally grateful for your contribution to my success in this course. Your blog posts and discussions have been very insightful and analytical. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and hope that as we continue on this professional journey we will continue to impact as many lives as possible.
Sharon Munroe.

Robin Miller:
I also wish to thank you for your insights and your discussions that you brought to this course.  It is my sincere desire that as you continue to teach, you will indeed be the “compass” in the lives of your children to “activate” them to want to be “lifelong learners.”
Sharon Munroe.




No comments:

Post a Comment