Saturday, October 6, 2012

Course Material Resources

Part 1: Position Statements and Influential Practices
Part 2: Global Support for Children's Rights and Well-Being
Note: Explore the resources in Parts 3 and 4 in preparation for this week's Application assignment.
Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations
Part 4: Selected Professional Journals Available in the Walden Library
Tip: Use the A-to-Z e-journal list to search for specific journal titles. (Go to "How Do I...?", select "Tips for Specific Formats and Resources," and then "e-journals" to find this search interface.)
  • YC Young Children
  • Childhood
  • Journal of Child & Family Studies
  • Child Study Journal
  • Multicultural Education
  • Early Childhood Education Journal
  • Journal of Early Childhood Research
  • International Journal of Early Childhood
  • Early Childhood Research Quarterly
  • Developmental Psychology
  • Social Studies
  • Maternal & Child Health Journal
  • International Journal of Early Years Education
Additional Resources
Follari,Lissana M.(2007). Foundations and Best Practices in Early Childhood Education http://www.prenhall.com/follari
Kagan,Spencer,& Kagan Miguel (2009).Kagan Co-Operative Learning www.KaganOnline.com
Roskos,Kathleen A, Tabros,Patton O,& Lenhart,Lisa A.(2009). Oral Language and Early Literacy in Pre-School www.reading.org.
McGee, L. (2007). Transforming Literacy Practices in Pre-School. : www.scholastic.com
Strickland,Dorothy S. &Schickedanz,Judith,A. (2009).Learning About Print in Pre-School www.reading.org.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I appreciate all your resources. I am especially interested in the resource you have on oral language and early literacy. That is a topic that is near and dear to my heart so I will definitely read and reread this.

    Would you mind if I added your additional resources to mine so I have them for future use? I think this is a great way to enlarge our own resources and to have them all in one area that I can look back on will be a great benefit to me.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Denise:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful resources. Literacy is something that children struggle with all the time and teachers struggle teaching those concepts to the children. The early childhood education field is a field that is always changing and teachers can always learn something new, which is a huge part of why I love this field so much. I can always learn something new and the children are the ones that benefit from my education and what I learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sholastics is a great resource for teachers and other educational professionals

    ReplyDelete